El Caribe Gris

 When I first dove into the assignment of finding the main idea of El Caribe Gris, I had no prior knowledge of it. I was really confused on whose point of view the passage was told by. It was also difficult for me to follow the historic timeline that was told because it was a lot to take in with a lot of words that I did not know. 

How did I overcome these difficulties? The first thing I did was read the whole text in its entirety, even if I didn't understand it. Yes, reading a whole bunch of words that I did not make sense of. Then I did some research. I searched up El Caribe Gris into google and I found a website that gave me background information on the author/speaker Mr. Eduardo Lalo. https://calendar.utexas.edu/event/eduardo_lalo_the_grey_caribbean_el_caribe_gris#.X2DWbhBKjio 

After, I read the text for a second time. But this time, I stopped after each paragraph to make notes on things I found important. After I had read and annotated most of the text, I read it for a third time to try to piece together what kind of message he was trying to portray. I also found myself disgusted in the kind of human being Christopher Columbus was and his way of thinking.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How I Feel About Blogs

History of Aruba

Aruba: The Island of Giants