How I Feel About Blogs

 When I first read the syllabus and found out that blogging was apart of this course, I was both nervous and slightly excited. Nervous because blogging is something totally new to me and I kind of stressed myself out in thinking this was going to be the most difficult task ever. But excited because this was something new and I get to express myself without having to write thousands of boring essays.

Blogging doesn't stress me out. I don't know why. The last English course that I took required me to write about 4-5 essays the whole semester and I HATED every minute I spent putting in work to them. Something about the word "essay" and "semester-long" and "minimum 1,500 words" when spoken by a professor gives me the heeby-jeebiez and makes me absolutely hate my existence. But knowing I have a blank canvas with prompts that are interesting makes me feel relieved and not stressed at all. 

Like any other college student,  procrastination is my forte. I usually post my blogs the day before or  ~day of~ the due date. Yeah, it does stress me out knowing I have assignments due that I didn't do and my world of financial aid could come crumbling down if I get bad grades, but hey that's my fault and not anyone else's. It's kind of weird that I let myself get to that point now that I think of it... Living on the edge, some may say.

See the source image  Me, living on the edge.

My process of blogging is always the same. I log into D2L, click the English course, look for the prompts, and I get to work. I re-read everything before I post so much that at night I'll recite my blog before I close my eyes (just kidding, but imagine). It used to worry me knowing that some of you guys are reading my posts and thinking, "Ha get a load of this girl", but then I remember that I haven't met any of you and judgments from other people don't really matter. But I do appreciate anyone that reads my posts.

I do believe that I put my all in these posts and that I meet the requirements of the blog. I could definitely work on making my posts longer and add more information. Any critiques and feedback would be great!!! Thanks for staying :)


Comments

  1. Your enthusiasm is much appreciated and I enjoyed your blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW - work on integrating your images into the text by wrapping them tight.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

History of Aruba

Aruba: The Island of Giants